Thursday, October 3, 2013

Canada's Baking and Sweets Show

This past weekend was the Baking and Sweets Show here. There is also an annual one in the US based in Chicago. This is my second year going and it's a fun day full of sweets! Each year, they have bakers and chefs that people know from channels like Food Network and Cooking Channel. The day I went, Buddy Valastro was scheduled. The Cake Boss, himself! How exciting!
Buddy Valastro
The theme this year was Alice in Wonderland! I thought I would show a few of my favorite cakes from their cake competition. These bakers and designers are amazing. If I tried fondant, I'm sure it would look like the Play-Doh masterpiece of a three year old!
Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland
 ^ This one won! The clock actually worked and there was a mouse tea party in the top tea pot.
Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland
^ This was not part of the competition, but it caught my eye. So cute!

1 comment:

Vett Vandiver said...

what a fun event, those cakes are incredible!